FLOWER CHART. The flower chart for 2018 has been posted on the narthex hall wall. Save your special dates now for the coming year before they are all taken!!!!!
ADULT DISCUSSION GROUP AND SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES. The groups will not meet on Sunday, December 31.
JOY BIBLE STUDY Please note that the Joy Bible Study will not meet on Tuesday December 26th or January 2nd.
VACATION Pastor Karen will be on vacation December 26th - January 1st. She will be back in the office on January 2nd. Pastor Karen thanks you for this time with her family. In case of an emergency please contact Rev. Helen Havlik at 616.365.1005
CHANCEL CHOIR and HAND BELL CHOIRS will not have rehearsal December 28th or January 4th. Rehearsals resume Sunday morning, January 7th! Thank you for your gift of beautiful music this season!
COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS PARTY! You are invited to join us for a party following the Christmas Eve service, at approximately 8 pm. Bring your joyful Christmas spirit and some appetizers to share and enjoy the hot cider and super fellowship with your North Kent Presbyterian Church family! Happy Christmas!
THE NEW SIGN is COMING: The good work of the Marketing committee has been affirmed by the session. On 12/18/2017 a quote and a design by Valley City Sign was approved for purchase. Watch for details and keep giving to the NKPC building fund!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who helped with the Cookie Walk and the delivery of the Santa Claus Girls presents on Saturday 12/16! The Cookie Walk made a profit of just over $1,400.00. You have spread the love and joy of Christmas far and wide this season! Thank you for your excellent work and generosity!
· 21 Care Bags have been delivered to D. A. Blodgett. They were very happy to see them. Thank you for all your help with that project. We will definitely do this again, but not at Christmas next time!
· A check totaling $520 for Bucks for Birds has been delivered to North Kent Connect. As always this comes in very handy during the Holiday Season.
· The clothing from the Winter Apparel Tree has been delivered to NKC. Watch for the tally of items at a later date. Now, it’s time to refill the tree with gently used items. Those items will be delivered January 8, 2018.
· A comforting Christmas surprise awaits a ten year girl named Molly who will be spending the holidays in foster care through D.A. Blodgett. Thanks to the generosity of this church, we were able to purchase everything on her Christmas wish list, including a cozy comforter and sheets.
· This year, as we do every year, our thoughts turn to those members of our clergy who are retired or in need. Please read the inserts in this month’s bulletins and give generously to the Christmas Joy Offering.
· Looking ahead to the New Year, the Youth Crew will be doing their own mission work raising funds and canned soups for the Souper Bowl of Caring February 4th and the World Vision 30 Hour Famine. Keep your eyes open for news from our youth.
CAMP GREENWOOD MATCHING FUND! The session has set a goal of raising $1000.00 in general operating support for Camp Greenwood in 2018. To that end they have designated $500.00 from the 2017 church budget and are seeking matching contributions from the congregation. (This $1000 is in addition to the camper scholarships that we will be sponsoring for our children this summer.) If you can match the session’s donation, please contact Pastor Karen.
This Week of December 24, 2017 through December 31, 201
Sunday December 24, 2017
10:00 am: Choir Rehearsal
10:45 am: Worship Service
6:15 pm: Choir Rehearsal
7:00 pm: Christmas Eve Service
8:00 pm: Community Christmas Party
Monday December 25, 2017
Tuesday December 26, 2017
7:30 am: Men’s Breakfast (Mr. Burger, 5181 Northland Dr.)
7:00 pm: Women’s AA
Wednesday December 27, 2017
8:00 am: Women’s Breakfast (Russ's 3966 Plainfield Ave. NE)
7:00 pm: AA
Thursday December 28, 2017
Friday December 29, 2017
9:00 am: Morning AA
Saturday December 30, 2017
Next Sunday December 31, 2017
10:45 am: Worship Service