FLOWERS Sunday are in celebration of the new year!
FLOWER CHART. The flower chart for 2018 has been posted on the narthex hall wall. Save your special dates now for the coming year before they are all taken!!!!!
ADULT DISCUSSION GROUP AND SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES. The groups will not meet on Sunday, December 31. JOY BIBLE STUDY Please note that the Joy Bible Study will not meet on Tuesday January 2nd.
VACATION Pastor Karen will be on vacation. She will be back in the office on January 2nd. Pastor Karen thanks you for this time with her family. In case of an emergency please contact Rev. Helen Havlik at 616.365.1005
CHANCEL CHOIR and HAND BELL CHOIRS will not have rehearsal on January 4th. Rehearsals resume Sunday morning, January 7th! Thank you for your gift of beautiful music this season!
THE NEW SIGN IS COMING: The good work of the Marketing committee has been affirmed by the session. On 12/18/2017 a quote and a design by Valley City Sign was approved for purchase. Watch for details and keep giving to the NKPC building fund!
UN-DECORATING PARTY Mark your calendar for Sunday, January 7 for a chili luncheon prior to un-decorating the church. Your Membership Committee promises it will be a HOT time!
· 21 Care Bags have been delivered to D. A. Blodgett. They were very happy to see them. Thank you for all your help with that project. We will definitely do this again, but not at Christmas next time!
· A check totaling $520 for Bucks for Birds has been delivered to North Kent Connect. As always this comes in very handy during the Holiday Season.
· The clothing from the Winter Apparel Tree has been delivered to NKC. Watch for the tally of items at a later date. Now, it’s time to refill the tree with gently used items. Those items will be delivered January 8, 2018.
· A comforting Christmas surprise awaits a ten year old girl named Molly who will be spending the holidays in foster care through D.A. Blodgett. Thanks to the generosity of this church, we were able to purchase everything on her Christmas wish list, including a cozy comforter and sheets.
· This year, as we do every year, our thoughts turn to those members of our clergy who are retired or in need. Please read the inserts in this month’s bulletins and give generously to the Christmas Joy Offering.
· Looking ahead to the New Year, the Youth Crew will be doing their own mission work raising funds and canned soups for the Souper Bowl of Caring February 4th and the World Vision 30 Hour Famine. Keep your eyes open for news from our youth.
CAMP GREENWOOD MATCHING FUND! The session has set a goal of raising $1000.00 in general operating support for Camp Greenwood in 2018. To that end they have designated $500.00 from the 2017 church budget and are seeking matching contributions from the congregation. (This $1000 is in addition to the camper scholarships that we will be sponsoring for our children this summer.) If you can match the session’s donation, please contact Pastor Karen.
This Week of December 31, 2017 through January 7, 2018
Sunday December 31, 2017
10:45 am: Worship Service
Monday January 1, 2018
Tuesday January 2, 2108
7:30 am: Men’s Breakfast (Mr. Burger, 5181 Northland Dr.)
7:00 pm: Women’s AA
Wednesday January 3, 2108
8:00 am: Women’s Breakfast (Russ's 3966 Plainfield Ave. NE)
7:00 pm: AA
Thursday January 4, 2018
Friday January 5, 2018
9:00 am: Morning AA
Saturday January 6, 2018
Next Sunday January 7, 2018
9:30 am: Discussion Group
9:45 am: Tween Sunday School
10:00 am: Choir Rehearsal
10:45 am: Worship Service